Saturday, February 9, 2008

Policy issues that make me hold my nose thinking about voting for McCain.

1. McCain will be rolled on the economy. He simply hasn't a clue. Every paycheck he's received since the age of 17 says at "United States Treasury."

2. I have never understood what drives him to give amnesty to illegal aliens in the United States. What is the self-interest or national interest there? There are plenty of good reasons believe that border enforcement, secure identification cards, and employer sanctions for hiring illegals will start to fix the problem.

3. On abortion, McCain was never a leader here and signals his abandonment of his positions by talking up alleged risks to women if Roe v. Wade is repealed, and doesn't now support the Human Life Amendment (and I don't know if he ever has.) He can easily reach out to the moderates.

Later on, I will take on some of the personality issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment