Sunday, October 9, 2005

Body of Knowledge


I have a body of knowledge that I use in my work. How financial markets have worked, work now, and will work in the future, and the information technology of their concrete realization.


My knowledge was put to the test when I changed jobs. I had six interviews of one hour each on these topics.


There's no way I could fake it. Likewise, I'm self-taught in history and Catholic theology and it's these two areas that I blogging about because of my personal interests. I can spot fakers in these area as well.


The consequences to one who fakes their mastery of a body of knowledge in a job interview are they will be denied a job offer and embarassed. A nomination of a Supreme Court is orders of magnitude more significant.


Has Harriet Miers mastered the constitutional law of which she will er... "Supreme" in its future interpretation?


I think this is a wonderful opportunity for Schumer, Kennedy, Biden, Feinstein, Leahy, and Durbin to look smart after being made to look stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment