Thursday, September 15, 2005

The President's Speech on the Rebuild of La.,Ala.,Miss.


I thought it was a good speech but not a great speech and it had nothing that I'd consider memorable.


The President needed to make a speech to avoid the criticism that he didn't have an idea how to proceed.


I think the poorest of the areas affected and especially New Orleans will probably obtain a better quality of life whereever they settle down while the rebuilt happens.


Now the property owners in the flood zone will want to rebuilt upscale apartments and I suspect that New Orleans will have in 10 years a larger much more focused city on entertainment like Las Vegas and have entirely new demographics.


The Democratic party lock that this state had is doomed. The returning property owners will make this a red Republican state.


It's important to recognize how scattered the people vicitms are now. There's a family in my parish from La. and the kids will be going to my son's school. Helping rebuild the infrastructure and helping the victims may require writing two big checks.

No comments:

Post a Comment