Friday, February 13, 2009

I await the the parody of Islam, the Haj, and Mecca in Pink Panther 3

Reuters: Steve Martin anti-Catholic buffoon


Looking relaxed and dressed smartly in a jacket and tie, Martin was asked whether he had asked the Pope's permission to shoot a lengthy scene set in the Vatican.


"We didn't ask permission because we didn't shoot in the Vatican. But I think the Catholic Church has been kidded and joked about for years. They're just used to it," Martin said.


"I believe the Catholic Church is very smart not to go crazy about it. When a religion is kidded and they get very serious, I think it shows they're insecure," he added. "I think the Catholic Church will probably last longer than this film.".


Steve Martin's comic talent peaked in the 1980's. When I see the trailers of his newer movies I wince. No one thought his first Pink Panther was half as good as the Peter Sellers original. What's the point of a sequel to a lame remake.


This article is one to clip as an early exhibit of anti-Catholicism in the culture in 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment