Sunday, December 23, 2007

Where have they taken My Lord?



Baby Jesus statue gets GPS for Christmas: AP



BAL HARBOUR, Fla. - A baby Jesus statue here is getting a Global Positioning System for Christmas. The statue, part of a nativity scene, will be equipped with the device after the previous statue went missing, even though it had been bolted down.


"I don't anticipate this will ever happen again," said Dina Cellini, who oversees the display, "but we may need to rely on technology to save our savior."


Stories about stolen baby Jesus statutes are about as common as Salvation Army bell ringers in Manhattan now.


People who have been caught stealing these statues or destroying these Nativity scenes offer bizarre explanations. The worst of them was "someone each year does it, I just figured it was my turn to do so." I will try to find a citation for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment