Friday, May 20, 2011

The Twitter Age

I don't really get the point of Twitter. I prefer Pull to Push in media consumption, but the world cycles back and forth between those two poles. 

So, I am now in the business of pushing tweets out to whomever wants them. Be aware, I'm not going to create any original content for Twitter. Trying to limit myself to 140 characters seems extraordinarily unfeasible. The whole point of blogging, as far as I'm concerned, is that the length is indefinite. I start writing about something and then I find out where the topic leads me. 

So, I'm just going to automatically tweet out the headlines of my iSteve blog posts and you can click on them to go read my blog items.

Yeah, I know it doesn't sound terribly exciting. But, if you are in to Twitter, you can sign up to follow me at:

https://twitter.com/#!/steve_sailer

Conversely, you can tweet my blogposts to your followers. See the five gray "Share Buttons" below this blog post. Just put your cursor over the middle one, and watch the "t" turn Twitter aqua or whatever the corporate color is. Click on it to tweet this post (although, I assume, this would be a pretty lame post to tweet. Or maybe not -- as I may have mentioned, I don't really get Twitter, so don't ask me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment